Thursday, October 11, 2007

A visit from Baby Carter

Baby Carter visited us a few weeks ago. Oh how I miss seeing him grow up. He is so advanced. We did an e-lap on him and he was developmentally 8-9 months in every area and he just turned 5 months. The kids loved him so much--they were so good with him--even Barrett. Makes me think about a 4th--Matt laughed--very hard!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I know you love your deals, so you have probably already found this resourse. (I am such a novice). But I found this really great magazine published by consumer reports called SHOP SMART. No coupons, but it has great reviews and gives you a lot of advice on buying "green".

What's an e-map? Of course, I think my child is a genius. (Is every mom that way or am I really crazy?) But I am trying to decide whether or not to put Rebecca in a preschool (yes, still) and I wonder if that would help me decide if she is developmentally ready or not. Two just seems so LITTLE. She's just a baby! (Well, she's MY baby!) Love, SR

Juicysmom said...

There is no reason for her to be in preschool to learn anything but social skills. Two year olds are not ready to learn sharing and playing with others. They are very ego centric and that's the way they are suppose to be. She is definitly ready developmentally, but wait until you need a break. She will only be little once. If you need some time to yourself--which we all do then preschool will be good for her. But only an approriate environment. Developmentally appropriate environments were the only way child care offered benefits to the child. Inappropriate environments were actually detrimental to the development of the child. There are few developmentally appropriate enviroments, be very choosy.