Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dinnertime Prayers

Barrett always echoes whoever is praying at the table. Tonight Brooklynn was praying and boy was she praying. We were about 5 minutes into her prayer, everyone was looking around, some of us were sneeking bites (me included) as she concluded her prayer and said amen Barrett said my turn. Brooklynn remined him he had to close his eyes--through squinted eyes he started praying---it was going to be a long one too. He prayed for everyone in the family by names and nicknames then his fork, cup, and green beans. We were having a new chicken casserole and he prayed " 'dank you fo' what 'dis stuff is" Amen. We love our babies prayers!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that! I love that they DON'T MIND praying for a long time. When Rebecca prays, she rushes through one or two things so she can eat!

jduckbaker said...

Sweet!

"grandmama" Nita said...

I miss my babies! Papa has to read this one. love all...grandmama

twarpula said...

Too sweet!! I love their dinner time prayers. They remember to be thankful for the little things like the forks & cups. :)