I know there have been lots of studies on in utero hearing and memory--maybe Brooklynn should be in one of those studies. When I was pregnant with her I worked at an Early Head start center near Tallahassee Florida. I was the only white person besides Braeden at the center. We had lots of kids named Latisha, Lakresha, Kesha, Kenisha and so on.
Brooklynn has been naming her baby dolls these names, and today her and Barrett are playing school. She is named Kesha, I am Mrs. Kenisha and there is a girl that keeps biting Barrett whose name is Kenosha----Where did she get these names? I love it--she is providing her own cultural diversity in a city where we don't get much integration. That is definitly something I miss from Tallahassee.
5 comments:
How funny! I have to say that I, too, am extremely disappointed in the lack of cultural diversity in Rome. While researching, visiting, and observing several pre-schools over the last weeks, I commented to Mike that I was very sad to see only little white children in the classes. But the odd thing to me was, EVERY pre-school had the same demographic. Where to the black children, the hispanic children, the asian children go to school? It makes me feel like i should make an extra special effort to expose Rebecca to other cultures.
That is really funny!!
I love it! So creative with names, biting, etc!
That is so funny. I have always wondered what they remember being in there.
hilarious. In our current neighborhood it would be Pedro, Miguel, LaTasha, Juan, Tony, Kelly, and Padmini. Yeah. We're not oreos here, we're skittles.
By the way, the links from your site send us traffic almost every day. I love it. Makes me think ya'll love us. ;-)
Post a Comment