Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Highs and Lows of the Weekend

The Highs:

We had fun with "our friends" as the kids called them. The Bendicksons our friends from college and their four beautiful girls came to visit us this weekend. We hadn't see them since Braeden was 1 month old (over 6 1/2 years ago). They have since had 3 more baby girls. Brooklynn was in heaven with all these girls around her. Barrett and Braeden didn't exactly know what to do or how to play with them. They pulled out thier swords and the girls squeeled. So then the fun game was "what will make the girls squeel". When the squeeling got to be too much for us non-girly girls, we had a popcorn/movie party. We enjoyed having them in our home and at church with us this morning.

The Lows:

All I can say is "Poor Robyn". For my Christmas present I wanted Robyn Barnett to take our family picture. I was totally mortified by the way the kids acted. They knew this was my Christmas, but that sure didn't matter to them today. Robyn was so paitent and kind. When two of them were happy the other was crying or pouting. I really thought they were old enough to be calm and just take pictures, but I was so wrong. Braeden knew they hadn't cooperated. When he got home he offered to do his chores for no pay. What a sweet boy---I just wish that sweetness had started a little earlier today!

Robyn, I'm sorry for my kids craziness! I know you got a few good ones and I can't wait to see them! Thank you!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love your family and I promise that I really did have fun! I know I got some good ones and I think when you see them, you'll be pleasently surprised (and happy you didn't let Matt throw the kids in the lake like he offered!)