Betsy and I had a shirt custom made when we were in Togo. We went and bought material for about $1 and then paid the ladies around $4 to make it. I just got an e-mail from April about the lady. She passed away on Christmas Day. Her family was so poor they couldn't take her to the doctor. You can read more about her on Becky's blog
http://beckyreeves.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/the-destructive-nature-of-poverty/ She was so young and happy. I just had to share a picture of her happy smile. They were all so happy to sew for us and laughed at us when we told them the style we wanted (apparantly it was the old lady style).

1 comment:
HiShea Lea! Thanks for posting these pictures! It is the lady next to Betsy in the blue dress who passed away. I will print this off for her family. I know they'll be happy to have it. Blessings to you and your family!
Post a Comment