Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This post is a little late, because I've been fighting with the scanner and I lost. I'm pretty sure it's Vista's fault. Anyway, the post I want to do will come late-just like every other post on here.
Braeden, I hope you remember how much fun you had planning your seventh birthday. These pictures are here to help you remember how creative and sweet you were in your plans. You were taken with my trip to Africa. You looked at the pictures and had me tell you about them so much that you started showing people my album and telling the stories exactly like they happened. You decided you wanted to have an African Safari birthday and have your friends bring $ for Brett and April to use for the villages instead of your friends bringing presents. You were a little concerned about not getting any presents for your birthday, but soon realized you would still be getting plenty of gifts and helping others. You planned the entire party.



You told me exactly how to do your cake and then you put the animals on yourself. As you were putting the animals on you got distracted by the tv (imagine that:) and let the dogs eat the edge off your cake. We cut the front off and made it into a waterfall--you thought it was funny--I didn't! But it turned out just great.

Your friends were greeted at Customs for a stamp in thier passport and their malaria meds (a skittle) and a round of pretend shots. They were then escorted into the waiting area were they made a pair of binnoculars and waited for the tour guide (your silly daddy).


The tour guide then took you around to learn about Africa. These are pictures of some of the children from Togo, Africa.
We then went outside to learn how the Africans get around. Most all of the women have a baby on thier back and something on thier head. We had a relay with a bowl of fruit on your head and a baby tied to your back. Your team won.
Barrett had to give it a try when the big kids were done. Look at Daddy's tour guide outfit--cute!

We then went back inside and learned about the huts the villagers live in and y'all decorated birdhouses that look exactly like the African huts. Then end of the party was a scavenger hunt with 6 clues leading you and your friends to the party favors. It was a fun time!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm so bummed we missed that! It looks like so much fun, over the top, as usual!

Robyn said...

What an awesome party and a sweet boy!!!

abc said...

I remember how fun all your parties were growing up (the first one I remember Britney was a tiny newborn baby) and I'm glad to see you've carried on that tradition. And your sweet-hearted big boy- amazing! (And so creative!)