This Christmas was a little crazy. The kids always sleep in our room. We put them to bed by 8:30. I was organized enough for Matt and I to get everything done and ready for Santa by 10 o'clock (It's usually 1 or 2 a.m.). This was really a good thing since I was barely pregnant (5 weeks) and sooo tired!! I got in bed around 11 and everyone was awake. Matt went to another room so he could get some sleep and all the kids got in bed with me. I kept thinking they would fall asleep and all would be good. I was a little nervous about us getting Santa done and getting to church on time. At 1 a.m. still no one (except for daddy) was asleep--I was about to panic!! 2 a.m. they were quite but still tossing and turning. At 3 a.m. Brooklynn had been falling asleep, but the boys kept waking her up so I made Barrett and Braeden go to the playroom. I told them they could do whatever they wanted, but to let us sleep. They decided they would play wrestle (what?! at 3 a.m.). After getting on to them a few times Brooklynn and I finally fell asleep around 4:30 a.m. At 6:30 the boys started asking when we could go see what Santa brought. At 7:30 we got up and started our Christmas day. I was worried the kids were going to be upset about going to church and not opening presents especially after such little or no sleep. I remember as a kid wanting to skip church and keep doing Christmas. They didn't fuss a bit.--thank you God!! We actually made it to church on time and had a wonderful worship service. On the way home Braeden said, "This has been a wonderful Christmas except for one thing." I really thought he was going to say having to go to church, but he said "not getting any sleep last night." Amen to that!! The kids all said they wished we could go to church every Christmas morning, and Matt and I agree. It made for a very special day!!
 |
| We are ready to see what Santa brought!!! |
 |
| We did Santa presents and stockings before church. |
 |
| After church we opened wrapped presents. |
Our Christmas Traditions the past few years:
- Our ornament party for all ages at church and school
- Sugar Cookies that we decorate ourselves and leave for Santa
- Each child writes their name and draws a picture in a new Christmas book
- Christmas Eve worship service at GracePointe
- Christmas Eve dinner: sushi &; shrimp
- Everyone sleeps in our room on pallets
- Everyone has to wait for momma and daddy to get things ready and come into the living room all together
- Homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas Morning
1 comment:
wait, did i just read that you're pregnant?! --a
Post a Comment