Monday, September 3, 2012

The Craziness of July and August 2012

This is a summer we will never forget, but will probably never remember all the crazy details!  It's September and I've already suppressed many memories! 
We found out in May we would be moving to Abilene, TX.  We put our house on the market on May 25th.  We had a contract on June 4th.  Our home inspection was the 15th and we left for the beach on the 16th.  We returned from the beach on June 23rd and Matt left with a truck full of our possessions that evening.  He unloaded it in a storage building in Abilene, TX and flew to LR for our family reunion on the 28th.  I am now 35 weeks pregnant and really swollen with my blood pressure going crazy!  We returned to Montgomery on July 2nd.  We made 2 offers on houses in Abilene without them being accepted.  We finally had our offer accepted on a house in Lytle Shores--the neighboorhood with the lake that we wanted to be in.  This was a house that I haven't seen yet, but Matt really liked it.  Matt wanted me to go with him to Abilene to see the house on the 2nd, but I was in no shape to travel to Abilene and then make the 16 hour drive to Montgomery--plus I was suppose to be training Sharon to take my place at the CDC.  July 9th we had the termite inspection on our house and also Matt's vesectomy.  The 16th we had a reinspection for the home inspection--these people were so picky---checked every lightbulb and little details!  Finally done with it!  We closed on the 19th and were out by the 21st.  We were so lucky to have friends help us pack and load.  Shana, Susan Hammond, Jenn Baker and Collandra came over and helped me pack boxes.  Matt Dickson, Jeff Baker, Andrew Cook, Mike Young and Cody helped us load the truck and the trailer.  We had to trade in the car trailer for a trailer and still had stuff left over!!  We moved to the Drury Inn on Friday the 20th after going to our last small group at the Barnett's.  By the end of Saturday, Matt and I neither one could lift a finger.  We were exahusted!!  Matt left Sunday morning for Abilene again. The plan was for him to leave Saturday and we would close on our house on Monday, but our closing has been postponed because the appraiser went to Sea World and hasn't finished her part yet.  So Matt is going not knowing if he will have a house to put our stuff in.  Sunday morning he left in the truck and the kids and I went to our going away potluck at GracePointe.  I'm now 38 weeks pregnant and 2 cm dialated with crazy blood pressure.  When I stand up my bp goes up when I lay down it goes really low.  I had an ultrasound on Monday.  Baylea Jane is now measuring 40 weeks and weighs around 7lbs 12 oz.  We will induce on Friday.  Matt finally got the closing worked out and we will close the next Monday.  Matt has been so incredible with the house stuff and has taken care of everything.  He negotiated a rental of our new house and moved our stuff in and returned to Montgomery on Wednesday, 25th.    The kids went to  Theatre Camp this week during our Drury Inn stay.  Grandmama and Aunt Britney came on Thursday, July 26th.  Friday morning, July 27th Matt and I went into the hospital at 5 a.m.  It was a long, hard day, but at 5 o'clock on the dot Baylea Jane entered our world!  It was definitly the hardest delivery of the 4.  We went home from the hospital to Robyn and Vernon's house on the 29th.  On August 5th we had our last Sunday at GracePointe and the kids and Matt started the 2 day trip to Abilene.  The Roberson's came to Abilene on Friday to start setting up our house.  Mom and I flew from Montgomery to Abilene on Wednesday the 8th.  Mom stayed until the 20th.  Baylea Jane's first appt in Abilene was Monday the 20th and on the 21st  movers brought the rest of our stuff from storage.  The kids started school on the 27th.  It's been a world wind crazy time that won't soon be forgotten!!
Robyn took these pictures the day before Baylea Jane came.  This will help us remember these sweet times.  Robyn is so good she can even make my fatness look pretty--Thank you Robyn. 





No comments: