Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My best deal yet!!

Okay I know your sick of hearing my deals--but this was too fun!
I got $35 of groceries for $15--heres my list:
3 boxes of cheerios
3 cans fat free chef boyardee ravioli
large jar mott's applesauce
2 packs of 6 individual applesauces
3 boxes of chicken helper--never tried it--maybe a potluck thing:)
1 Hershey's low sugar chocolate syrup
2 boxes of Aunt Jemimah pancakes
All that for $15---I am so addicted to coupon shopping!

I apologized to the girl at the checkout for all my coupons. She said, "Girl this is nothing , this weekend I bought $200 of groceries and saved $89." She shouldn't have told me that because now I've got to beat it! She did give me some tips: She said to buy the Birmingham Sunday paper (they sell it at Publix) and it has twice as many coupons as Montgomery's and the same ones--no need to buy the Montgomery paper--unless you really want to read it--I just buy it for the coupons:).
Share your deals with me--I'm addicted!!

7 comments:

Betsy said...

good idea, the montgomery paper stinks anyway! You and Gina have gotten to me. I'm taking my Jif pb back because it went to BOGO the day after I bought it!

Juicysmom said...

I love it!!!

Amy McCown said...

Shea Lea,
I saw your name on someone's blog roll that I was reading and clicked on it to see if it was you. It is so good to see pictures of your sweet family. I just started blogging a few months ago and it has been fun finding old friends. Amy Cox McCown

Robyn said...

I love hearing about your deals, so keep it coming! I may actually have to try this out with the B'ham paper . . . Betsy is right . . . the Montgomery paper stinks!

Gina said...

Hmmm...a bit competitive, are we?? Do you know, I was convinced Winndixie overcharged me the other night, and so was this man and his wife in line behind me- they actually stopped in front of the store where I was re-reading my receipt, and they went through it with me. We were all happy to see that all was correct, but my conclusion is that this is a very popular pastime. Doesn't it make you sick that we got started so late in the game??? I mourn all the money we didn't save!!!!

Gina said...

So...are we talking the Publix by your house or mine? Because in today's quest for the Holy Grail of Newspapers, neither our Publix nor the interstate gas station had the B'Ham paper. Jason did see the NYTimes, which causes me to ask...does it have even better coupons than the 'ham paper??

Juicysmom said...

I did get it at our Dalraida Publix--but we should definitly check out the nytimes. Hey--I wonder what all papers are in Barnes and Noble? I also learned that if you eat at a place that has newspapers they have several sets of coupons. We ate at BurgerKing after churchon Sunday and I got montgomery coupons and then got the birmingham paper and there really were several more in the 'ham paper.