My fun grocery trip
I know you are sick of hearing of my deals, but I need an outlet to share them so here it goes!
I got $290 of groceries for $161 ---We are doing FPU with Dave Ramsey--he says whatever his wife saves using coupons and BOGO she gets for fun money----sounds good to me!!
Publix--spent 72.53 saved 78.49
Winn Dixie--spent 29.70 saved 35.66
Wal-mart--spent-59.90 saved 14.00---It's a miracle I got out of there for less than $100.00-I'm learning self control.
For my coupon swapping girls--there are a couple of BOGO that we have coupons for
Nature Valley granola bars (large box)--2.50-.50 Double=1.50 a box
Smart tast Rotini--1.59-1.00 coupon=.59 box
Electrosol Gelpacs--2.00-1.00 coupon=1.00 for 24
Okay I learned something new last night---The coupons you pick up in the Publix ad at the front of the store you can use them with manufacturers coupons--pretty exciting!
12 comments:
I think I am catching the coupon fever! (It has taken 5 years since we did Financial Peace, and we are finally able to focus on coupons instead of single-focus of getting out of debt!) Did you see the $5 off the big box of Pampers in the Publix circular? I did that plus a $1.50 off manufacturer's coupon. Yahoo!!
I've got a post coming about this in the near future- so keep your Grocery Specials coming! I'm learning from you and Gina!!
And on the Grocery track-
Do you know the coupon policies at the different stores in town? I noticed that the Publix paper said they will double manufacturer's coupons up to 50 cents (I think). What about Winn Dixie and Walmart (although I just really really don't like going to Walmart). What about Costco? Do they do coupons and/or doubling them?
Oh, and did you get the Birmingham Paper? I am thinking I may subscribe to either the Montgomery or Birmingham Paper just because I can't get out Sundays to get one.
What do you do?
I did see the publix pampers--that's cheaper than Sam's--Sam's doesn't take coupons, but I've heard Costco does. Publix doubles up to 50 and Winn dixie does too--I think---last night they didn't and there was not a manager to ask.
We use to buy the Mont paper on the side of the road on the way to church--now I go to Publix on Sunday afternoons for the Birmingham.
you need to blog about Financial Peace--we need tips on endurance!
Shea Lea- Loveing the bargin blogs!! Only we don't have publix here, we do in FL though. Here we have HEB, which is FANTASTIC and does all sorts of fun coupons and meal deals. YOu would go NUTS!! I save about $20 a week on food with them. But I do not buy the Sunday paper, maybe I should!!
-Tanya
Winn-Dixie does not double coupons, and Wal-mart doesn't to my knowledge. Costco takes coupons but they do not double them. Bruno's doubles coupons, too. I did not notice that the Birmingham paper had more coupons than the Montgomery paper, but maybe that was just last Sunday. And by the way, I REALLY think we need to have a monthly coupon swap. Just don't forget about eating though all the food you stockpile at some point.
I know you will think I am crazy now- 4 comments on one of your posts!
Gina mentioned you use internet coupons. What sites do you use? I have signed up with coolsavings and eversave, but haven't really looked at them yet.
Wow! Your coupon savings & smart shopping is amazing! I'm so inspired!!
whose heather?
Shea Lea you need to add a sitemeter so you can see who is on your site and where they are coming from.
Love you!
I don't know how to do that and if it takes more than 5 minutes I won't finish it---:)
How do I do it?
Post a Comment