Friday, April 25, 2008

Flashback to the 90's


Matt and I went to the Faulkner Theatre Banquet tonight. It was a costume affair. We dressed as ourselves 14 years ago. I can't believe it has been 14 years since my freshman year at Harding--Wow! I feel old. I also can't believe how big we wore our jerseys. I dug around in the attic forever today until I found the box with my jersey. When I finally found it I thought I had the wrong one---it is an XL & Matt's is a 2X. I had to pull out pictures to make sure this was the right one. Look at the sleeves--they come to my elbows. Wow-what a flashback. Matt's students thought the glasses were a joke. They couldn't believe he actually wore them. Pretty funny!

15 comments:

Amy McCown said...

That is hilarious. I found all of my funtion t-shirts and jersey when we were moving and I was laughing about the same thing. Why did we feel the need to wear everything so big. What a great idea to go as yourselves 14 years ago.

Kate said...

That's so fun!! What a cute idea! I still sleep in my Kojie jersey sometimes.

Kristen OQ said...

I love it! Especially the addition of the black and red polka dot bow in your hair. I think I had polka dot, plaid, etc.

What a great idea for a costume party!

David Parks said...

That is great! I recently found my jersey and function t-shirts. I was wondering the same thing, most of mine were L or XL. How funny! Do you remember answering the phone "Kojies are the coolest, this is______"?

Amy (Wiley) Parks

twarpula said...

Too funny! I love Matt's pants.

Traci said...

Okay, this is so funny. Not to long ago I found my Kojie jersey. It was an XL too. What was I thinking, it was huge. I even cut mine off around the hem. I can't imagine how I must have looked in it. But, it still brings back great memories. Shea Lea, you look so cute in your jersey. You look great! Traci

Jamie Chitty said...

We wore everything big and baggy in the 90's. Not sure why. I found a pair of jeans that i wore sophmore year. I was sure that they were not mine, they were huge!

Lauryn said...

My jersey is huge too!

Do you all remember all my life I wanna be a Kojie....

Melissa Halford said...

Sadly, yall look normal from how we all use to see you day in and day out! That is too cute that his students thought the glasses were a joke. Thank the Lord above for new styles and fashion evolution! What a cute idea...may have to steal this one for a Halloween party!

Amy Wood said...

Looking good Miss Kojie! We need to have a Kojie reunion! Brings back SO many memories...I can hardly believe I've been away from HU for almost 11 years! Scary...

JulesR said...

You and Matt look so cute in your jerseys. I am sad to say that I have no idea where my jersey is at. I am sure that my was pretty large too.

Marli said...

I laughed so hard at that picture! Of course my Tri Kappa jersey was not XL, but then again it was the questionable club! Mine is in the floor of my closet. My oldest loves to wear it around the house.

Sandi said...

Just like I remember you guys! :)

I have been thankful for the XL function shirts during this pregnancy. :)

Martha said...

I love it!!! I am so glad that you posted this pic! So funny! M

Miss G said...

ShaeLea, I just wandered over from April's post. It is good to "see" you! It is so crazy that it's been so long since our freshman year and even longer since our Camp Wyldewood days! Kelly