I'm not sure I even remember how to make a post it's been so long. I will tell you a little about our craziness over the past two months and follow that up with a post of each trip (but that may take a few days).
Note: All Copelands looking for the slide show. I left Little Rock without a copy. Britney is suppose to be posting it for me. I'll e-mail to the Copeland Clan when it is up. Sorry for the delay.
Now, On with our story....
We have had a fun, busy summer with a little bit of craziness. Matt's parents called the last week of school and asked if they could take us to disney world to celebrate Matt and Brooklynn's birthdays, of course we said yes. We were back for a week and then went to the beach with my family for a week. Braeden and Brooklynn went back to Little Rock with my parents. I was suppose to be at home, just Matt, Barrett and me for 10 days and then go to Little Rock on June 28th. I had plans to get all my work stuff and house cleaned and organized, but after only 3 days of the kids being gone my sister-in-law called and said they were inducing her early (it was suppose to be the 30th, and I was suppose to be there). So, Barrett and I packed our bags in 10 minutes and hit the road to Little Rock on June 20th at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. We arrived in Little Rock around 10 p.m., I dropped the kids at my parents and went to the hospital. Little Max was born around 5 p.m. Amy was doing good until I got there. About 30 minutes after being there she started bleeding. She lost a lot of blood and almost needed a blood transfusion. I got to my parents around 3 a.m. and that was the beginning to an interesting trip. I was staying in Little Rock until my grandfather's 90th birthday party on July 5th (my b-day). That week I was so tired, it was a blessing I was in Little Rock with extra babysitting, because I couldn't stay awake. On Monday of the next week my grandfather passed out and hit his head on the tile floor. He came home from the hospital that morning, but returned that evening and didn't wake up again. He went to be with Jesus Tuesday morning. It was interesting, because he had been calling his birthday party his funeral. We had his funeral on Saturday, the same day his birthday party was suppose to be. The Lord was preparing us all for his death. Dado knew it was coming, he had told his neighboor on Sunday that he wouldn't be here much longer. He was preparing me by allowing me to get extra sleep the week before, because the week of the fall and the funeral 2 a.m. was the earliest I went to bed and most nights it was 3 or 4 a.m. It is so awesome to see our Father's plan all come together and everything happen for a reason. I have never seen anyone die before, but when Dado's spirit left his body I felt like I could see him rejoicing with the angels. He was finally home. It was a very spiritual experience, and though we are sad he isn't with us anymore he is experiencing what we all are striving for. Brooklynn asked when God was going to take her to heaven. I told her "when He's ready for you to be there." She said, " well I'm ready now". Braeden said that he thought Dado was having fun fishing with Peter, John and Jesus. We came home on Sunday, July 6th.
On Thursday, Braeden had his tonsils taken out. We are still in the recovery process. He can't raise his blood pressure for 2 weeks. That is the hardest part of the entire process. He felt okay the first couple of days, I woke up the day after the surgery to him boxing the balloons he had recieved. The last 2 days he hasn't felt that great. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
11 comments:
Wow!! What a wild ride for you girl. I'm sorry about the loss of your Gfather, but glad you were able to have the experience you did.
PS we were at Disney too, wonder if we were there together?!
-Tanya
What a crazy summer you have had! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. I read about his death on a recent Harding newsletter. It sounds like he was an amazing Christian man. I am glad you were home when it all happened.
I hope that Braeden's recovery goes well, and he is back to normal soon. Maybe the rest of your summer will be a little less eventful!
Sorry it accidentally put my comment on twice. Then I tried to delete it and it put it on a 3rd time. Crazy computer!!!
-Julie
Oh Shea Lea! I'm so sorry to hear about Dado. He was such a sweet, wonderful man! Our God is amazing and his timing is always perfect! I will keep you and the rest of the family in my prayers.
Please give Braeden a big kiss and hug for me...and lots of popsicles! :)
Love you!
Misti
Hey! I've been a horrible friend- great intentions, bad follow through. I've been meaning to call since I heard about Dado's passing. I'm so sorry; I know you miss him greatly. He was such a man of God. When I heard about all the circumstances of his planned party and everything, I felt this was God's great plan. I'm glad you were able to see it with that kind of perspective- just as Dado would have wanted. I love you and I'm praying for you and I promise to call SOON!
Love- ashley
p.s. I can't beleive we missed each other in LR!
Shea Lea, I have all the slideshow on my flickr account. I could add anyone who wants them. You already have access.
Tell Braeden I forgot to give him "Henry" when he was here. I got her out of storage, cleaned her up and she is on my chest so we don't forget again.
My Las Vegas pics are also on Flickr.
Give all a sloppy kiss! mama
I too was sad to hear about your Grandfather, who I call Uncle Ortis. I spoke to him at my Grandmothers funeral and he gave me a big hug. They are all with family up there singing "Hold to God's Unchanging Hand" over and over again. You know it.
I hope you get some sleep and recover.
You have had a crazy summer! I am sorry about the loss of your grandpa, but I loved reading that he might be fishing with Peter and Jesus -- kids have it so together with their ideas sometimes.
We had Seth's tonsils out in May and it was the best thing we have done for him. (knock on wood)...he hasn't been sick at all since then. I will say he did great the first two days and then hit a wall and had a hard time on days 3-5. After that, he was back to himself!
So sorry for your loss. You have had a busy summer. Glad you are blogging again. I've gone private. If you want to keeping reading, send me an e-mail. Traci
tracij@conwaycorp.net
Post a Comment