Monday, July 28, 2008

Potty Training, Loosing Teeth, & Montgomery Summer Fun


Okay, so I still don't have our vacation pics up---there coming--who knows when?! I am going to stay current from now on. Here are our happenings of today.

Braeden's front 5 teeth have been loose for months. Today he came to me and said his bottom tooth was really loose, and it was. It was sticking straight out. He worked on it for a few minutes and then I pulled it. Thanks to Polly, I used a wash cloth and it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. It makes my skin crawl to see him twisting it and pushing it back and forth. Ugh!












Then, about 20 minutes later he came back with his other bottom tooth ready to pull. Matt had gotten home and he had the honor of pulling the second one (He used the wash cloth too.)




So here's our 6 1/2 year old snaggled tooth boy! He is just thrilled to have finally lost a tooth, and two at that!







Tonight we enjoyed some Montgomery Culture. We have really missed the parades and pep rallys in Tallahassee. We haven't been to many Montgomery Community events since we moved here 3 years ago. That could be because we have just gotten up the courage to venture downtown with all three kids. The ballet was down by the river in the amphitheatre. There is a large fountain for the kids to play in. They took thier bathing suits and played in the water and watched the dancing. It was a fun night.










Our other big news of the month, Barrett is going to the potty. We started last week. He had a little trouble when we added the underwear to the mix, he likes being naked! The last couple of days he hasn't had any accidents and won't even go in a diaper when I really need him to (like out at the river tonight when the bathrooms were along way away and dirty!) He is doing so good!!!

5 comments:

Misti said...

The kids are getting so big! Give them a kiss for me!
Love you!

Kate said...

I can't believe Barrett is going to the potty!! It seems like yesterday he was just a baby! Have fun pulling teeth--I'm NOT looking forward to this stage.

"grandmama" Nita said...

Hey...is that the new kitchen paint color behind braeden? ...do I see new curtains?

Britney said...

Love the pic of the boys! So good!

maryann said...

Shealea,
I just caught up and am amazed at all that has happened with you and your family this summer! God always provides and blesses through it all. I am so thankful you were THERE when your "Dano" passed away.
Much love to all your crew!!!