Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Retreat

I have the best husband in the world! For Valentine's day he gave me a hotel night to myself, but things have been so incredibly busy that I never got to go. So today (the 1st Saturday we haven't had something or been sick), I was going to try and get some sewing done, but I kept getting interupted by kiddos. Matt came to me and said to pack up my sewing stuff that I was going to a hotel. I really needed a night to myself. So here I am sitting in a hotel room doing fun stuff. I brought my pictures to organize so maybe I can catch up on blogging. I've been sewing for a few hours, and God has blessed me even more because "Ace of Cakes" marathon is on the Food Network. I love that show and never get to see it! For the first couple of hours I was here I turned on some music and sewed. It was really wierd to not be listening for anything. Matt came to eat dinner with me, and I was trying to explain that I am always listening for activity. If I'm home I am doing what I need to do, but listening to what is going on with the kids in the other room. I go to bed at night and wake up during the night because I hear the kids walking to our bedroom. At work, I'm constantly listening to my teachers conversations with the children, even when I'm sitting in my office doing paperwork. It's so nice to not have anything to listen for. Thank you Dear Lord for my wonderful husband who knows just when I need a break, and takes care of me just like I need him to.

No comments: