Today my baby is four—so hard to believe. We had his birthday party a little over a week ago. Since his party he has been telling us he is kinda four, but not really, yet. After a few days of saying this he believed he was really four and was convinced he was going to be five today, his real birthday. While I was trying to explain why he wouldn’t be five and was really four, he stopped me mid sentence and said, “Since I’m not a baby anymore are you still going to love me?” My heart broke, and fighting back tears I then explained how he will always be my baby no matter how old he was, he said, “I know you love me, but I’m not a baby!”. Last year he wanted to stay the baby and was mad when we told him he was three, this year he has already made himself five and is acting like a teenager! Where did my baby Barrett go?
Barrett- You will always be my sweet baby boy no matter how old you are! You are such a joy. You make everyone laugh and always have a positive outlook. With grandmama today, when you picked out your birthday presents you had to get Bubba and Sister a present too, even though it meant you didn’t the light saber you really wanted. When we left Little Rock today Bubba and Sister where whining about how long the trip was and you said, “Seven hours isn’t very long, we’ll be home real soon.” Thank you for caring for others so much. Thank you for always trying to make everyone happy. We all love you very much!
Barrett- You will always be my sweet baby boy no matter how old you are! You are such a joy. You make everyone laugh and always have a positive outlook. With grandmama today, when you picked out your birthday presents you had to get Bubba and Sister a present too, even though it meant you didn’t the light saber you really wanted. When we left Little Rock today Bubba and Sister where whining about how long the trip was and you said, “Seven hours isn’t very long, we’ll be home real soon.” Thank you for caring for others so much. Thank you for always trying to make everyone happy. We all love you very much!
2 comments:
what's with these boys?!...caden is convinced he's five too. ;)
Ok, I couldn't handle that one! Too much!! Oh, I want to hug him and you right now!!
Post a Comment