Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brooklynn and Matt!

Happy Birthday to my sweet Hubby and baby girl!


Matt and Brooklynn share the same birthday, which means


Matt gets a good girly birthday every year />
My baby girl is 6! She definitely is my child--strong willed and all!! She knows what she likes and planned her entire party and designed her cake all by herself. We had a fun day and even more fun planning the day! Take a look at all Brooklynn's creations!
We played a manicure game. The girls sat in a circle around a lazy susan with lots of different colors of fingernail polish around it. We spun the susan, whatever color stopped in front of the girls was the color they each painted one nail with. In the end they all had 10 different colored fingernails. We also made bracelets
i



Brooklynn and I were at Hobby Lobby picking out beads for the bracelets to make at the party. When we walked by the end cap with these feathers she stopped and started talking 90 mph about how her cake was going to be. She started grabbing feathers and flowers and laying them out on the floor to show me how it was going to look. When we got home she drew a picture of what it was to look like. I did talk her out of the hot pink icing, but the feathers were a must. This was the easiest cake I've ever done and it actually turned out like she wanted it too--I was a little worried! I ordered a 1/2 sheet cake from Sam's with only white icing. I cut it in half, stacked it and re-iced it. Then I just stuck real and silk flowers in and the feathers--so easy!

By the look on her friends faces I think they were trying to figure out were the cake was.




Posted by Picasa