Monday, October 29, 2007
Help! I'm drowning in a messy house!!!
I am positivly procrastinating right now! My house was completly cleaned up Saturday--every room--doesn't happen often. Sunday a.m. Matt had to do communion in both services so I was bringing the kids to 2nd service. I woke up with some tummy troubles and for about 4 hours I was in bed in pain! Needless to say the kids did thier own thing--when I was finally back amoung the living I didn't even recognize my house. Thier bedrooms are so full of stuff that you can't walk in them. The kitchen and living room were covered in Mr. Potato Head, crayons and Memory pieces. Their were animal cracker (halloween wrappers) all over the floor and the dog food is in a trail from my room to the other side of the house. How can it take me hours to clean the house and it takes them minutes to trash it!!! I now have 30 minutes with barrett and brooklynn asleep before braeden gets home to clean it up, and here I am blogging! Better go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
They ARE talented aren't they? I don't know how you, Martha, Jen do it. I have one, and I can't keep up! Wouldn't it be nice to just let it all go permanantly? But I think the HD comes and puts a sign on your door and makes you move out when you do that! Good Luck! SR
It is amazing- that our house can be "company ready" and the next morning it is out of control, yet again! Ugh.
Oh Shea Lea!!! I totally feel your pain. It is so hard to keep it all clean with little ones going behind you. UGH!
Tanya
Shea,
I am sitting here too - I have a couple of "free" hours right now. You know, it's "my" time - the kids are in bed, Jason is at practice...I have so many options - do my toes, fix my ragged fingernails, start working on the mountain of laundry, finish any one of my 10 sewing projects, mop the sticky kitchen floor, take some ibuprofin for my cramps, wipe down the sticky kitchen countertops file coupons - but ALL I can manage is to move my fingertips and blink. I think I am going to count that as an accomplishment! Don't beat yourself up over it. It will still be there tomorrow!! :-) Sorry; I know that doesn't help much. Just wanted you to know that I love you and I understand. I am in the same boat!
I am glad I am not the only one. There are some days when I do not even know why I bother picking up. It just goes right back on the floor. Oh Well.
I completely understand your pain! And it doesn't seem to be getting better as they've aged (well some things). I just notice that when I'm "down for the count" all else goes haywire in the house!!
I will admit, in their younger years, I gave in to all the chaos. I chose to do other things, those fleeting things that won't be there tomorrow. We watched every practice, attended every event, volunteered to lead scout groups, helped at school.....For every night I laid my head down, too tired to do that load of dishes/ clothes, too tired to clean up after them "one more time", too tired because I just saw one of them do something awesome in an extra curricular activity and we went out to dinner to celebrate instead of coming home to clean.
We still do all those things, but are teaching them to clean up after themselves (not too easy when their ADHD - focusing still not a strong suit!!)But I made my choice earlier that time with them was too fleeting to worry about always having a clean home. Missed out on a few "visitors" but time with my kids has been fabulous!!
Enjoy their creativity!
I can totally relate -- in fact, I was just feeling discouraged about it all today (although I can't imagine waking up after 4 hours of in-bed sickness to a messy house just after you had cleaned it).
Good luck!! And know you're not alone!
Post a Comment