Monday, December 10, 2007
Learning new things!
About a month ago we had a day of learning new things. It was quite funny how it came about. Brooklynn and I went to a birthday party and she got on a swing and started swinging (she calls it pumping her legs). She goes to school with me, but I didn't even know she knew how to do it. She was swinging really high and so proud of herself :). When we got home she wanted to show everyone, so we went to the back and the whole family watched. Braeden was a little disturbed by this. He watched her and then got on the swing and tried so hard to do it but couldn't. So in his 5 year old way he went inside pouting and wasn't seen for a little bit. When I tracked him down he was in the floor of his room trying to tie his shoe. I helped him a couple of times and then he was doing it himself. So the whole family gathered around and watched him tie his shoe. The next day they were playing outside and I looked out and Brooklynn was teaching Braeden how to pump his legs. Within 15 minutes he was swinging right along beside her. (Amazing because we've been working on this a long time!) It's great what a little sibling competition can do!! Brooklynn has since almost learned to tie her shoe, but she's not as competitive as Braeden so she really doesn't care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How funny!
Precious!!
Post a Comment