God is powerful and mighty! He protected us through scary times! We praise His healing power and protective hand!!
This has been a crazy couple of days, but God has brought us through. Under the pictures is an email that Matt sent to Faulkner to explain our whole ordeal for those who haven't heard.
Children's hospital in Birmingham had a lot of fun games and face painting. It was a fun end to our hospital stay. She was able to go down and get her mind off of things. They let us go home just after the fun and games. It's good to be home. She is doing really good today. She is loving the attention and being the princess. Last night she said, "When I clap twice you hand me my Sprite." She clapped twice, at that point I realized this might be going a little too far. She now has to ask politely for her Sprite. She was okay with that. It was almost like she was testing to see just how far she can take this!

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for the concern many of you have expressed and for all your prayers. It was very encouraging, and we are tremendously appreciative. Brooklynn is doing much better, and they released her from the hospital yesterday evening. The prognosis is very good; however, she will be feeling the effects of the concussion for several weeks, and she won't be able to do any strenuous activity. For those of you who would like to know what happened, here's the story. On Thursday, Shea Lea took the kids to gymnastics at the Armory. Brooklynn was walking on the top bleacher and fell 6ft off the top, landing on her head on the concrete floor. It knocked her out, and an ambulance took her to Jackson, where doctors determined that she suffered a linear skull fracture and a concussion. The good news was that there was no brain bleeding or swelling. They transferred her to Children's in B-ham to make sure there was no delayed bleeding. On the way, the ambulance broke down on I-65, and they had to transfer her to another ambulance, stopping traffic on the freeway! To complicate things, I had just driven to the Christian Scholars' Conference at Lipscomb, so I turned around and came back to Alabama, leaving Mike Young and Jason Jewell (who rode with me) stranded in Nashville. Maybe they'll make it back! Many thanks to Mike for reading my paper; to Chad and Betsy Emerson, who picked up our boys from gymnastics and kept them overnight; and to Karla Boling and her mom, Mrs. Shaffer (our next-door neighbor), who brought us a tasty dinner last night when we returned from B-ham.
Again, thank you all very much, Matt and Shea Lea
4 comments:
Glad to hear (and see) that things are fine!
I know I already commented on fb, but couldn't pass the chance to say how glad I am to hear she's better! Praying for a speedy recovery- our God is good!
Oh, and I love the new blog layout!
Oh my goodness. Brian was on the phone with Matt when she fell, but I had no idea how serious it was! How scary for you all. Praise God that she is doing so well. So sorry she had to go through that, but glad to hear that things are getting better. Send her our love!
How scary, Shea Lea! I'm so glad that she is doing okay. I know that your hugs will be a little tighter in the next few weeks.
Post a Comment