Braeden had the flu this weekend. It was short lived and not too bad--thank the good Lord, but we have already gotten off the little bit of routine we had established. He was well enough to go back this morning, but I couldn't deal with 2 crying kids getting ready for school so I let him go back to sleep while I took Brooklynn. When Braeden was a Kindergartener he would cry and scream until we walked in the building, but he didn't want his friends to see him crying. He would do the silent tear cry, which is a lot harder on the heart strings. Brooklynn has no shame! She screamed and cried all the way to her seat. When I got her to let go of my leg and stop crying, the first step I made to the door she screamed at the top of her lungs and I could hear her all the way to the car!
Then I went back home for Braeden. He cried the whole time getting dressed, all the way to school and to the door. When we stepped in the door he quit crying and was fine! On our way out, Barrett and I saw Brooklynn in the hallway. She was bouncy, smiling and happy as can be. She ran up gave me a hug and said, see you later and bounded down the hallway. At least I could go home without the crying and screaming in my head all day.
On the way to the car, Barrett was talking 90 mph (that's all he's been doing for the past week) and was asking about all the cars in the parking lot. As we were getting into our car he asked what kind of car was next to us. I told him I didn't know, but it was gold. He said, "not the color the kind of car, like ours is Dave Ramsey". I said what kind of car do we have. He said, "You know the Dave Ramsey." I laughed and of course he got mad at me for laughing. He is so funny, but can't stand to be laughed at. Oh Well, I can always count on Barrett to lift my spirits even if he doesn't mean to.
No comments:
Post a Comment